Introduction: What is a ghost producer?
A ghost producer is a professional songwriter and producer who produces a musical composition anonymously. They usually collaborate with a more established artist to provide the melodies, hooks, beats, vocals, lyrics, and much more.
Producers are responsible for more than just recording a song. They also help choose what instruments will be used, arrange the songs and even work on the mixing and mastering of the song. Ghost producers can assist with any step in the songwriting process. They may even do the whole thing.
In the past, when you wanted to create a song, you had to take care of all the different parts of it. That meant coming up with the lyrics, writing the melody, and creating a rhythm. In today’s digital age though, ghost production has become a much more common practice. This is because it allows producers to tackle their own specialty without having to worry about any one aspect in particular.
How to Find a Qualified & Talented Ghost Producer
A ghost producer is a production company that hires ghostwriters to write content for their clients. The client is the one who provides the outline and the content idea and usually hires a ghost production company because they do not have enough time of their own to write the entire piece of content.
Your ghost producer is a content writer who will help you in your creative process. Not only will they do the heavy lifting, but they’ll also take ownership of your project and see it through to completion.
They need to be patient with you, understand the creative process, and be able to get on your wavelength. They should also be able to think creatively on their feet and come up with good ideas for new content ideas when you get stuck with your designs.
Finding an experienced and talented ghost producer for your project is not as difficult as it might sound. You can first lookup reviews on various companies that offer such services. You can also ask your peers who might know about some good companies, or you can do some research on your own by reading reviews left by clients on these companies.
It’s important to note that you should always make sure that any potential writers you hire are qualified and talented before signing any contracts with them.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Ghost Producer?
The cost of hiring a ghost producer can vary depending on the type of service or package that they offer. A producer may charge anywhere from $50 to $500 per track depending on the complexity of the project.
The more involved the ghost producer is in the development of the song, the higher the price will be.
Where To Find a Ghost Producer
Finding a ghost producer requires a lot of research and time. Unless you live in a city with a large musical scene, like Los Angeles or Nashville, it’s unlikely there are many services in your area. There are lots of services available online for you to find a ghost producer.
Using Fiverr To Find Ghost Producers
Yes, that silly website where you pay someone $5 to do something outrageous has really grown up.
Fiverr is an online marketplace that helps freelancers find work and offer their services to those looking for help. There are two types of services offered on Fiverr: gigs and services. A gig is a defined task such as writing an article or designing a logo. A service is a more long-term project such as creating a musical masterpiece.
I really like Fiverr because artists from all over the world are able to offer their services. Fiverr intermediaries between the client and the seller, so all the headaches of hiring and contracts are already covered. Essentially you can pay for the rights to the intellectual property and gain ownership of it as soon as it’s ready.
The other main thing I like about using Fiverr to hire a ghost producer is you’re able to see examples of their work, and the reviews of past clients. This really gives you a chance to see what kind of product you’re buying and what to expect from the ghost producer.
Fiverr has built up a tiered system of quality. There are the regular services and then there’s the Fiverr Pro section. The pro section has premium sellers who create excellent quality work.
You can hire one artist to do everything for you, or if your project management skills are up to the challenge you can build a whole masterpiece using a team of composers, lyricists, musicians, and mix-masters.
10 Tips for Working with Your Ghost Producer
- Before you hire a ghost producer, have a clear idea of what you want them to do, and what you expect from them.
- If multiple artists are working together and rely on each other to complete their work, be sure to organize and communicate clearly so they can plan ahead accordingly.
- They cannot be expected to have any knowledge about your style or genre if they are not already familiar with it beforehand.
- Be clear on who owns the intellectual property rights to the finished product before hiring a writer so there is no confusion later on down the line about who owns it—you or them?
- Do not wait until the last minute to hire a ghostwriter. Instead, start looking early and you will be able to find someone that is a perfect fit for your needs.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions about anything – content, deadlines, process, etc. Be sure to fully understand what you are signing up for before making any commitments with your ghost producer.
- It’s important to set boundaries so that there is no confusion between what is expected on both sides of the arrangement.
- Stay involved in the creative process. When you receive rough drafts give feedback and be clear with which revisions the ghost producer should make.
- Be open to new ideas or changes in direction while working with your ghost producer. They are also a professional artist with valuable insight.
- Keep things professional and avoid crossing boundaries of privacy or professionalism with your ghost producer. They’re your collaborative colleague, not your slave.
Five Reasons Why You Should Use A Ghost Producer On Your Next Recording Project
1. Get The Record You Want
Ghost producers make a living working with clients and bringing those clients’ visions to reality. The producer you choose to work with is the one who will have the most influence on the sound, feel and overall direction of your project. You are hiring someone with an extensive background in the music industry who will be able to produce a record that reflects your unique voice and creativity.
2. They Bring a new sound.
Ghost producers are artists with their own styles. Maybe they have a certain sound that you want in your music. Maybe they see your art in a new way. All of this leads to a unique and fresh new sound for your fans to enjoy.
3) Studio Space and Equipment
The industry is heavily competitive and it’s only getting more saturated. Only the best can thrive. You may not have everything you need to create the song you want. There’s lots of specialized equipment and it’s becoming increasingly difficult for artists to find decent studio time. To combat this problem, many artists are opting to use ghost producers who have their own dedicated studio space and professional-grade equipment.
4. Creating Musical Content Without Skill
Let’s face it, one of the main benefits of ghost producers is to produce professional-quality content in any genre of music without years of training and expertise. Many professional DJs around the world pay ghost producers to create tracks that they own the rights to so that they can play those songs in their sets. This creates a unique and personal entertainment experience for their fans. Their skill set is entertaining a crowd and mixing songs, not writing them, and this allows them to take their shows to the next level.
- Get Your Musical Ideas Out Into The World More Quickly
As an artist, you can only do so much. While you’re focusing on performing, touring, or creating flagship singles, you may not be getting as much content done as you or your fans would like. Ghost producers allow you to create and work on many more projects at once than you could otherwise.